Cauliflower Beet Puree


  


This is my beet cauliflower puree mash, also my procrastination to the mash. I should be writing a paper for my African music class but an overwhelming urge to puree came over me! There’s no better excuse to procrastinate than cooking. I must confess I used to hate beets. Little did I know the beets my dad was feeding me, that supposedly “taste just like candy” (lies!), were pickled! I’m still not a fan of pickled beets but I adore beets roasted or boiled. I roasted a beet and threw it into my recipe for garlic cauliflower puree and it was great! The color is absolutely stunning. Beets are one of my favorite detox foods, they are full of antioxidants and loaded with fiber. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!





2/3/13
20 minutes start to finish
Serves 2



Ingredients:

·      ½ head of cauliflower
·      1 clove of garlic
·      1 medium beet
·      salt
·      blue cheese (optional

Preheat the oven to four hundred and chuck in the beet, depending on the size it should take around thirty minutes until it is cooked through. Steam the cauliflower and garlic. Once the cauliflower and garlic is tender blend it with the cooked beet and season with salt. Plate and garnish with a sprinkle of crumbled blue cheese and a bit of chopped mint if you like.




Leave A Comment